- “Hey, guys, have fun at water polo practice, don’t let Coach hassle you too much, I know he can be hard on you but he really just wants you to do your best!”
- “You guys look like you’re having a really nice night!’
- “WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS YOUR FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR, IF YOU HAD TO PICK ONE”
- “Be sure to drink plenty of water you guys! YOU GUYS!”
- “I REALLY LIKE THAT YOU’RE ALL WEARING DIFFERENT COLORED PASTEL SHORTS, YOU GUYS SEEM LIKE YOU HAVE A FUN FRIENDSHIP”
- “Guys, you are going to be late for water polo practice if you don’t hurry!”
- “I hope your night is magical!”
- “Palm the ball, Dylan!”
- “I have a really good feeling that you guys are going to pass the bar!”
- “You should treasure your friendships with each other, dudes!”
I can report that 100% of the time the response is momentary shock followed by pure delight, feel free to try this at home sometime, if you feel like it.
Mallory is an Editor of The Toast.