Everything happens for a reason. Here are the fifteen reasons things happen for.
1. The universe is completely indifferent to your desires.
2. She hates you.
3. Terminal velocity applies to everything.
4. You weren’t paying attention and time only moves in one direction.
5. Unhappy people behave badly towards others.
6. Thermodynamics, probably.
7. You made a bad decision.
8. You got unlucky.
9. You got lucky.
10. It was your turn.
11. Something about cell division.
12. Why not?
14. There’s a good one, but nobody knows what it is.
15. They were a bad person, and you were nearby.
Mallory is an Editor of The Toast.